One of the biggest causes of stress in family life is a lack of organization. It often takes us more than double the time to do something because we are not organized. If you are one of the many busy mothers who feels that there is not enough time in the day to do everything that needs to be done, you are not alone. The solution is to spend a little time getting yourself organized. It is not difficult to do, but you need to commit to taking the time to do it.
In order to get organized you need to do a few things:
- Prioritize. It is easy to get caught up in doing tasks that are screaming at you right now instead of what is most important. An example would be to put off filling your car with gas because your kids are screaming in the back seat that they want to go home.
- Preparation. It is worth spending just a few minutes at the beginning of each day to organize not only your thoughts, but also so set goals for the day. If you know what is ahead of you and what needs to be accomplished before the day starts you will save many hours.
- Simplification. There are many things that need to be done throughout the day that we often make more work out of than is really necessary. Take some time to learn how to effectively perform tasks and stick to it.
- Develop a routine. This is important for both you and your kids. They will be less work if they know what is coming, and you will make less work for yourself if you know what is coming. It also makes it easier to plan your day if you have done it before .
- Organize your house. This may seem a like a daunting task for those who are habitually unorganized. The key is to take it one step at a time. Start with one room and get rid of the clutter. Then move on to the next room,